1) LEASING: EUROCASA promotes and negotiates weekly rentals (from Saturday to Saturday) of villas, houses, and apartments directly from their owners. Prices are as agreed with each individual owner, based on current market conditions, and are valid from the date of issue of the latest price list. The price list is an integral part of these terms and conditions and may not be modified in any way or form by persons, agencies, or distributors.
2) BOOKING: booking can be made by authorised agents of EUROCASA.
3) PAYMENT: a deposit of 30% (thirty per cent) of the total amount due must be sent immediately on receipt of our booking confirmation. The balance must be paid at least 45 days before the start of the lease. In case of a confirmation being issued within 45 days of the lease starting date then the whole amount due must be paid. Payment must be made by Bank transfer or credit card.
4) LEASING VOUCHER: The leasing voucher is only valid for the title holder and is non-transferable. It will be issued on payment of all amounts due and will include instructions on how to reach the reception of Eurocasa or where the keys to the accommodation can be collected. It is strictly forbidden to arrive with more persons than shown on the voucher or to pass it onto a third party. The only exception will be for baby/ies up to 3 (three) years of age and where the leaseholder supplies relevant cots and bedding. Any change of persons made during the lease is forbidden unless previously agreed by Eurocasa. Failure to observe the above terms may lead to the owner of the accommodation let refusing initial access to the property. In addition, if the lease holder breaches the above terms during the term of the lease the property owner has the right to deny further access to the property. In either case the leaseholder will forfeit all money paid. In the event that any leaseholder or any member of his party behaves in an unacceptable manner (e.g. breaks furniture, fails to maintain correct standards of hygiene etc.) the party may be asked to leave the property let thereby forfeiting any money paid.
5) PRICES: Prices quoted refer to a one week let (from Saturday to Saturday) of a specific accommodation. Included in the price are (except where differently indicated in the price list): use of hot and cold water, electricity (except for heating purposes), cooking gas, sheets and towels, one baby bed (if required), use of swimming pool where provided, insurance as described in Clause 11. Not included are: deposit as guarantee against breakage etc., heating costs, telephone if made available, final cleaning of the property as described in Clause 6c except where differently indicated in the price list, and any other service or materials which must be paid for at the time.
6) ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE, DEPOSIT AS GUARANTEE:
a) Arrival at the accommodation must be between 3.00pm and 7.00pm on Saturday afternoon. Should clients be unable to arrive within this time they must telephone Eurocasa office at the number (0039) 0575 845348, before 7.00pm. Failure to advise of the delay will exonerate Eurocasa and/or the property owner concerned from responsibility caused by such delay (any compensation will be recognized), and the entrance to the accommodation will be allowed the following day. Arrival times after 7.00pm may incur payment of expenses for extra work involved.
b) On arrival clients must present their voucher and identity documents (passport or identity card) for all their party either to the company or to the owner of the property or his representative, thus permitting registration with the local authorities. Before taking possession of the keys to the property the client must pay the breakage deposit (only cash) as indicated in the price list. This deposit will be refunded on departure less any money due for breakage, damage, and/or any supplementary expenses. The client is held responsible to the property owner for any costs in excess of the deposit. The owner or his representative retains the right to refuse access to any client who fails to pay the necessary deposit. Clients must depart between 8.00am and 10.00am on Saturday morning leaving the property in a clean and tidy condition. In case of departure outside these hours the owner is authorised to return by mail any money held as guarantee after deducting expenses for damages etc.. Eurocasa shall not be held responsible for any dispute regarding the deposit arising between client and property owner.
c) Properties will be made available in a clean and tidy condition. In the houses without obligatory final cleaning, guests are obliged to clean the house briefly paying particular attention to the kitchen. If not the property owner is authorised to with-hold Euro 10 per person from the deposit.
d) The property owner reserves the right of entry to the property for purposes of maintenance, gardening, cleaning the swimming pool etc.
e) Pets are allowed only to the accommodation where symbol is shown. At the moment of the reservation the clients must inform EuroCasa the eventual presence of a pets and the number. In some cases it will be required an extra cost for cleaning which will be indicated in the price list, to be paid directly to the owner on the spot.
f) Heating: currently in Italy use of the heating is allowed from 01st November to 31st March. The possibility of using the heating outside this period must be agreed with the owner of the rented property. Only the properties with the symbol referring to the heating are provided with heating system.
7) COMPLAINTS: All properties are checked periodically by staff of Eurocasa. Descriptions and details as printed in our catalogue are drawn up in good faith. In any case where further changes are not notified by the property owners Eurocasa declines any responsibility but agrees to do all that is reasonably possible to resolve any problem. Any complaints must be notified in writing to Eurocasa and to the Agent where the booking was made, within 48 (forty eight) hours from arrival or by 6.00pm on the evening of the Monday following arrival. Complaints not advised in writing within the above time limits will not be considered valid and clients will loose the right to any compensation. In any case where Eurocasa agrees to help resolve any complaint the client must allow sufficient time to resolve the problem. Should the client leave the property for whatever reason without notifying the claims of whatever nature or without waiting the intervention of Eurocasa shall be considered null and will loose the right to any compensation. Eurocasa will not accept as causes for complaint weather conditions, stings or presence of insects, lack of water or electricity, work in progress, etc., if these depend on state-run organizations.
8) LIABILITY: Where Eurocasa is forced by events beyond their control to cancel a lease the company reserves the right to assign to the client another similar property or as the last resort refund any money paid. On acceptance of the alternative offer the client acknowledges his full agreement to the new lease and agrees to forfeit any right to possible repayment of expenses.
9) CANCELLATION: Should the client, for whatever reason, cancel a lease he will have the right to repayment of the money paid minus the following cancellation charges :-
cancellation prior to 60 days before the lease is due to start - 10% of the rental price
cancellation between the 59th and 30th days before the start - 30% of the rental price
cancellation between the 29th and 15th days before the start - 75% of the rental price
cancellation between the 14th and the day before the start of the lease - 90% of the rental price
no show - 100% of the rental price
10) CHANGES TO BOOKINGS. Any changes to bookings either for the period of the holiday or the property required made in the 45 (forty five) days prior to the lease starting will annul the lease and will be considered to be governed by the cancellation charges above. In such cases a new booking will have to be made. Clients are advised to take out insurance against this event.
11) NATIONAL GUARANTEE FUND: The National Fund (governed by law 206/05 art. 100 of the new Consumer Code) was instituted to protect consumers travelling in case of insolvency or bankruptcy of the vendor (tour operator or travel agent) and allows a reimbursement to the consumer for the price paid for the trip (the reimbursement is limited to the part of the trip paid and not yet used).
12) INSURANCE: Eurocasa operates in accordance with all legal requirements (International Convention on Tour Contracts C.V.V. endorsed by Italian Law no. 1084 of 27.12.77 and C.E.E. Directive 90/314 of 13.06.90) and insures all clients with REALE MUTUA as follows :-
Policy for public liability to all clients of tour programmes or holiday leases in accordance with Art. 13 of The Regional Law of Tuscany no.16/94 and successive changes as approved by the Regional Council of Tuscany, minute no. 5823 of 30.05.94.
Policy with REALE MUTUA, Perugia Branch Office. This guarantees clients and the buildings they use during the period of their vacation.
13) GENERAL: By signing a lease for one of the company’s properties the client must fully understand that on entering the property he or she becomes liable for any damage caused by him or her whether civil or criminal. The client by claiming ignorance of these conditions and terms cannot assign either to Eurocasa or the property owner any responsibility for his actions. By law Eurocasa must ensure that the client signs a booking form carrying these terms and conditions. The person signing the booking form as indicated in the voucher (see 4 above) will be held responsible for the lease. Eurocasa properties are not hotels or residences but private homes, and for this reason they don’t have specific categories recognized by the international touristic organization. Their equipment, furniture and characteristics reflect the owners’ tastes, the local traditions and architecture, therefore Eurocasa will not consider these elements as a cause of complaint.
14) JURISDICTION: The original form of these terms and conditions written in Italian shall be considered binding. In the event of any dispute or irreconcilable disagreement regarding these terms and conditions the competent court for settlement of claims shall be Arezzo.
15) RIGHT OF PRIVACY: In order to valid the booking, Eurocasa need some personal information on the client. Eurocasa is responsible for managing these data as per the D. LGS. 196/2003 (Italian Law) and will save this personal information in an independent database. These data will be used by Eurocasa only to valid the booking and to communicate with the client for the present and the future. In any case this personal information will not be forwarded to any other third parties (the only exceptions are in case of contract and Italian law obligation). By the way, Eurocasa remind that the client has the right to be informed and to oppose to the use of this personal information as per the art. 7 of the above mentioned D. LGS. 196/2003.